Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On Saturday we had our fist experience with a child emergency. It was such a nice day and the kids had been outside working in our yard all day. We went to grandma Valerie's and the kids played outside with their cousins. All four kids, grandma, and grandpa soaked, actually splashed, in the hot tub. Madi and Gabe got out and were headed inside to change back into their clothes. Madi forgot her towel, I called her back, and when she turned on the tile floor, she slipped and fell on a ceramic bowl. She began to cry, but it didn't sound like much was wrong. I tried to help her up, but I was holding Gabe. When I reached down, I noticed her leg was bleeding. I called for Mike. Mike picked her up and took her into the bathroom to clean-up her leg. He determined she might need stitches. We changed her clothes and headed to Idaho Falls to Redicare. There was a small piece of glass in the cut, so they took x-rays to see how deep it might be. They took the glass out, and gave use the choice of 3 stitches or superglue. We chose the superglue route. I'm not sure that was the best way to go, because on Sunday when the band-aid came off, so did all the glue. We could have taken Madi back to Redicare to have her leg stitched, but we chose to use a butterfly bandaid and newskin. So far it's working. I was so proud of Madi, she did not make one peep when the doctor or nurses were checking out the cut, she was so brave. Madi even talked with the doctor. I would post a picture of her leg, but I don't have one, but here's a cute one to boot. (picture taken 3/26/08)

No comments: