Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Madi's Birthday

Madi is now 4. Her birthday was on a week night, which made it difficult to plan a party around. Mike took the day off work and took the kids fishing and to the library. Mike told Madi should open presents that night since it was her birthday.
Of course....so then I had to go get them, bring them home and wrap them. Mike and I had already discussed what we were getting her for her birthday so I didn't think it would be a big deal. But when it came to choosing what books to get, I was in trouble. I picked up two I thought would work. When I got home to show Mike, he just laughed and said "she already has that one, and that one Gabe picked out at the library today". Of course, my luck. The book she already had I decided to wrap up anyway, after all she hadn't read it for some time.
I should have known better. As soon as Madi opened the package she shouted out "ALL RIGHT!... that's the same book I got for Christmas" She REMEMBERED. I really thought it would be no big deal; don't all Dr. Seuss books look about the same? Her next comment "oh, that's the one Gabe got from the library". At least she was still excited and happy to get 'whatever anybody wanted to give her'.
The camera was a big hit. She had taken 125 pictures within a half-hour.
Her party was on Friday. She made the dinner choice....spaghetti and meatballs. A Messick favorite. The cake Grandma Valerie made. I threw out the cake making skill a long time ago. Valerie always does an amazing job. The party was a success and I think everyone had a good time.

1 comment:

chenoa said...

I LOVE Madi's blue dress. And the cake is amazing. Are the towers made of cake too? I mean not the towers but the purple part?