Saturday, January 17, 2009

It seems that everyone has made New Year resolutions, some small or large, some simple and many resolutions with greater purposes in mind. Many of you fellow blogger/scrappers have been inspired to take on the challenge of Project 365. I read about enjoying the processes of life and/or projects here and here, and felt inspired. And then.... I read a cousins blog about her plan for the new year: My "aha" moment came when this thought popped into my mind: Give each day a purpose. I don't want life to just happen, waiting for Jesse to return so I can continue living. I want to be productive, having daily goals engaged in service for others or even for myself. Some days, my only purposeful action may be to get dressed with make-up on. Other days, my purpose might be to take the kids to the zoo or indoor pool or nearby park to make memories with them. Some days, my purpose might be to make a healthy dinner, even if I know I might be the only one eating it. While on other days, I'll want to do family service projects with my young kidlings to teach them how much more there is to life. I think I may come back to this idea of giving each and every day a purpose when life starts to snowball out of control and I want that control back. It gives me focus with flexibility, and I'm really excited and curious to see what I can make of 2009!!! ........................................................................................................... Boy was I inspired. So this year I hope to combine all three. I know Project 365 is out of my reach and not likely attainable, but I can make every effort to participate in the concept and make it a point to celebrate the everyday happenings by documenting what goes on daily in our lives. I always enjoy the process of cooking, crafting, scrapbooking and I sure as heck enjoy the beginning processes of the laundry better then the putting away step. This year, I want to try and include the processes when documenting my families life. I hope by doing this, it will help accentuate the purpose of family, love, friendship and making a home.

First step - TAKE PICTURES - I get in such a bad habit of leaving the camera put away. In fact, I pulled it out of the closet on Thursday for the first time since Christmas.

In these pictures, Gabe and Madi are eating a quick morning snack before we head out the door. Poppy seed muffins - lately it's been a peanut butter and honey or peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sometimes Madi will through in the ever faithful bagel with strawberry jam. Of course, Gabe has been loving bananas, and the banana would certainly be his number one choice. I can't keep them in stock.

The reason they are not looking at the camera you ask.....watching cartoons.

2 comments:

Lori Jolley said...

Good luck enjoying the processes! Just having the thought in my head makes a difference already! Cute photos! And I love the details about what is going on when you took them.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ideas to make the year more special. I will be interested to read how they are going!