Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Picking the Perfect Tree

Every year on Black Friday, we pick out our Christmas Tree. This year was no exception and we picked a good one. We always go with grandma Valerie and Grandpa Noal. Once we bring it home, we put it up right away and follow up with Cincinnati Chili and a Christmas movie.
I wish we would have taken a family picture by the tree we cut for our house, but it was too windy and the kids wanted to get out of the cold.
The kids were so cute on the way home from tree cutting. We listened to Christmas songs and the kids tapped to the beat and Madi attempted singing every song - she knew none of the words. She must have learned that from me. A few times I had Mike turn down the music because I thought Madi was crying or trying to tell us something - Madi came back with "Turn up the Music, I can't hear." There favorite songs were: The Little Drummer Boy and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
Madi is really excited for Christmas. She was a little confused about the Christmas season versus Christmas day, but I think we have that straightened out. Madi hung her stocking on the front door and on Saturday and Sunday morning she checked it, to see if Santa had brought her any treats yet. She was so cute and was going to ask her grandparents to send Santa to our house if they saw him first. We've explained to her about the holiday season and I think she understands a little better now.

2 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

Madi is so funny! We haven't got to go cut a tree down yet, life is crazy, but I have our other decorations up. Hopefully soon we'll go get a tree! Hey, Let me know asap what dates in December you need help with the kids, cuz we are going to be gone A TON!!!! I still wanna do a game night soon!!!

Gibson Russell said...

Kids are hilarious! Charlie tries to sing the songs too and she doesn't know any words either!