Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Saturday Mike was off to Salmon for a freshman football game and invited us to go with him on the bus. Madi was pretty reluctant to ride the bus at first but warmed up to the idea pretty quickly. I was suprised how well the kids were on the bus, pretty wiggly but quiet. Of course a road trip wouldn't be complete without a little car sickness. You guessed it, Madi threw up on the bus, bless her heart. The kids had fun at the football game. They stayed occupied with rocks. I think Madi dug a hole to China and Gabe was happy to follow her there. I brought my camera, but carrying two kids and the diaper bag across the football field was a big enough task, the camera got left behind on the bus. When the game was over, I looked at Madi's hands and said: "Look how dirty your hands are." She replied: "It's OK, I can wash them at home". It's nice that Madi allows her self to get dirty. When she was younger (1 and 2, I know that sounds funny) she couldn't stand to be messy. Check out that dirty shirt.
It was a long day. Even the bus driver was tired, so Gabe had to take a turn at the wheel.
Sunday we went to the cabin for Jeremy's birthday. Again, I brought my camera, but it stayed in the car. As soon as we got there, it started to rain. I only had time to unload the two kids and the diaper bag. The kids had a ball playing inside though.
We had tacos for dinner with cake and ice cream for desert. The kids and I mixed up the ingredients for the ice cream before we left for the cabin. I thought I followed the recipe, but apparently not. I wish I could say it was the kids fault, but I can't. If you like liquor flavored ice cream you would have loved how it turned out.
Monday we spent at home and enjoyed each others company.

1 comment:

Damien and Ashley said...

How fun to get to go with Mike! I love being able to go to games and watch Damien coach. That's so sad Madi threw up! I was just talking to her about it and she said, "Yeah, I DID NOT feel good!" She's so adorable! I love watching your kids. They are so good~they must have a good mom and dad!