Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Madi was climbing into her bed last night when she remembered she had not done her chores for the day. (She is working on filling a chore chart to earn a baby bed and high chair) It was bed time so I told her she would have to do them in the morning. She was upset and I thought it was a delay tactic. She finally came up with a plan. "I will wake up by myself in the morning when I hear you in the shower and hear you making breakfast. Then I will do my chores." Great idea. To my surprise....she did. I was getting ready for work down stairs, Mike was in the shower, and I heard little footprints coming down the stairs. When I came out of the bathroom, it was Madi carrying one of her toys down to her playroom. I was shocked...but, I shouldn't have been. Madi remembers EVERYTHING and when she says she is going to do something, she will. What a good kid. She was so excited about getting her chores done this morning, she helped Gabe make his bed (his only chore).

No comments: