Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The day after Thanksgiving we ALWAYS cut down a tree, no exceptions.
The morning always starts early for me. Shopping on Black Friday, I know is crazy, but I like going. I don't usually buy much of anything...it's just tradition I guess. This year my phone rang while I was wondering the isles in Roberts. It was Gabe, he had an announcement. "Mom I went pee in the potty." He was excited, but the excitement didn't turn into much, because that was the only time on Friday that he peed in the potty. Progress......right..... Anyway, Mike took Gabe rabbit hunting that morning. I'm guessing Mike didn't want him dragging his real bow through the snow, because he carried this bow. The mess on his face is M&Ms - the treat of his choosing for peeing in the potty.
Madi found a patch of ice - or maybe Gabe found it first, I don't remember. Madi turned the big patch into her "ice rink" and another small patch of ice was her "practice rink". She want's to be a figure skater or ice dancer. Gabe wasn't necessarily a fan of the ice - he apparently doesn't have very good balance and wasn't pleased when he would slip and fall.
I'm not sure what made this trip so special, I truly had a good time. Even Mike noticed the extra big smile on his face when he was looking back through the pictures. His words "I don't think I've ever smiled so much."
.......
A little bit of Christmas magic.
.......
We don't listen to Christmas music, read Christmas stories, or do anything Christmassy until after Thanksgiving. A day or two before Thanksgiving, Madi was at the pre-school and Ashley was listening to Christmas music. Madi insisted it be turned off. When Ashley asked the reason she didn't listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving she replied. "If we listened to it before Christmas, than it wouldn't be special."
........
Madi and Gabe have been playing Santa Claus. They take turns being Santa or one of the reindeer. This morning as we were leaving the house, Gabe wanted to play Santa - he was Rudolph. Madi wanted to be Clarisse. She was worried that their game wouldn't work because Rudolph went with Santa's sleigh and Clarisse stayed at the North Pole. I asked her if Clarisse took care of Ms. Claus. Madi look at me like I was an idiot and she said. "I think Ms. Claus takes care of Clarisse." You can't get much past her.

1 comment:

chenoa said...

How funny, I just sent you an email asking about cutting your own tree. Yay for Gabe on the potty training. Rowan sits on the potty a lot, but doesn't do anything. She just wants to get to flush and wash her hands afterwards.