Monday, July 7, 2008

Madi caught her first fish....

One week ago today, Madi caught her first fish..."it was a big one".

Mike took the kids fishing and they had a great time. It was hot and they didn't stay long, but it was long enough for Madi to catch her first fish. She was so excited to have her picture taken with her fish. She told me that after they caught it, she had her picture taken, held it up like this and said "this is my first fish", rinsed it off, cut it up, cooked it and ate it for lunch. I wish it were that simple to clean a fish. Mike made a wise decision not to put a hook on Gabe's fishing pole - I'm sure it would have led to a trip to the emergency room to pull a hook out of something if he had. But none the less, Gabe had a good time too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Madi stories. They always make me smile.

And seriously stop posting pictures of Gabe in that hat. He's too cute in it--someone's going to swipe him when you're not looking.