Thursday, May 13, 2010

Gathering Eggs

Tonight Madi and I went to a local farm and gathered eggs; we had breakfast for dinner. Madi is always excited to see the animals, especially the horses. We mingled with the horses, but I didn't capture it in photographs. Madi thought the horses were funny because they followed us around and were continually sniffing at us. I love the old barn and can imagine myself playing inside for hours. I've always wanted to live on a farm and think I would literally spend hours inside this old barn, playing, working or whatever, if I had the time.
We searched inside the barn for the secret place that some chickens lay eggs. We found three eggs in their secret hiding place.
'Slick' is one of Madi's favorites. He is 5'10 at the shoulder and weighs 2,550 pounds. That is one enormous animal. Believe it or not he's tame .
We are looking forward to the arrival of a calf later this summer. There is always something new and exciting at the farm.
The chickens were separated inside the coop. The babies were separated from the grown chickens. Madi thought it was fun to have the baby chickens follow her around inside the coop; we just had to be careful not to let them out. Madi likes that they say "cock-a-doodle-doo" all the time; and she was excited to see the many colors and patterns of the different varieties of chickens.

2 comments:

Sherelle said...

CUTE! Love that barn! Or course, I love all old barns! I wanted to tell you that I love the last post of photos you took...you are getting really good at taking photos!

Stuart Family said...

Hey, if you want to play in a barn, we have one!! I must warn you though, the roof might fall in on ya!! HA HA Cute pictures!!