Thursday, August 13, 2009

Operation Life Saver

A couple of weeks ago my dad gave me tickets for Operation Life Saver. My dad participates every year and thought it would be fun for the kids to ride the train. So last Friday we went to Blackfoot to catch the 10:00 train. I was worried we were going to be late and possibly miss the train. We rushed to the back of the line at 9:50, boarded the train at 10:30 and left the station at 11:05. Trains don't operate on schedules apparently. The OLS train arrived in Blackfoot on time, but apparently had to wait for two freight trains to pass through, one of which was having problems.
It was cold and the kids were tired of standing in line. Once we boarded the train and got situated, we waited. Madi got board, but I think it was because of the long wait. Gabe had a fun time. Madi looked through the activity book they received after boarding. She answered all of the train safety questions correctly.
I was surprised how much room there was on the train. We were in the last passenger car. Every seat was taken on the train, but it didn't seem the least bit crowded. I think it would be a great way to travel with children. There was something about the train that put kids to sleep. Over half the kids looked a little droopy eyed.

2 comments:

chenoa said...

So what is the "life saver" portion of the train operation?

Gibson Russell said...

see---- just rub it in! I wanted my kids to ride the train TOO!!!! You better not forget us next time!!